Managing Director, ArcBlue Consulting
MBA qualified, Chris Newman had over 16 years’ experience in senior procurement and management roles in Government before establishing ArcBlue Consulting in 2013. He is now Managing Director of ArcBlue, one of the Asia-Pacific Region’s fastest growing procurement consultancy, analytics, and training organisations. One of ArcBlue’s key areas of expertise and experience is in social procurement, where Chris has been a leader over the last decade.
Key social procurement activity, Chris has played a leadership role in projects including:
• The delivery of social procurement and workforce development strategies and solutions on current major infrastructure projects in Victoria and NSW, working with Government and with major suppliers;
• The development of Social and Sustainable Procurement Frameworks for Central and Local Government in New Zealand
• The development and implementation of the social procurement strategy across the Geelong Regional GROW Program over the last 4 years, working with over 70 organisations to maximise the local economic and social impact from their procurement;
• The establishment in 2018 of the GROW Gippsland Program designed to address significant economic challenges and unemployment across the Latrobe Valley in Victoria;
• Support for the development of key Government policies, including the Victorian Government’s new Social Procurement Framework, and the Transport for NSW Social Procurement Workforce Policy and Guidance; and
• Delivery of Social Procurement Training for over 400 people across Australasia.
As a consultant and trainer, Chris has presented at State, National and International Conferences and worked with a range of public and private sector clients across Australia and New Zealand on social procurement development and training programs.
In 2013, Chris co-founded Social Procurement Australasia, a not-for-profit membership organisation and community of practice that produce guidance and thought and practice leadership and has developed and facilitated conferences and events across the region.